Effective Date: July 15, 2021
1) DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- ‘Website’ – The web version of the website located at huddlehumans.com.
- ‘you’, ‘your’ or ‘users’ – Individuals who visit or use the Site.
- ‘minor’ – any individual below the legal age (18 or 21 years of age, depending on country laws).
- ‘Conditions’ – The terms and conditions contained herein, and any amendments made from time to time, as published on the Site.
- ‘Amendments’ – to add, delete, modify, amend or adapt.
- ‘Personal Information’ – Information, whether true or not, that can be used to identify, contact or locate you. Personal Information can include your name, email address and phone number.
- The headings in these Conditions are inserted for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of these Conditions.
- Unless the context otherwise requires, words importing the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and words importing a specific gender shall include the other genders.
2) ACCESS/USE OF THIS WEBSITE
a) Scope of Use
By using and/or accessing the Site, you hereby agree not to:
- Circumvent or attempt to circumvent any security measures of the Site,
- Attempt to gain access or obtain Personal Information about other users of the Site,
- Disrupt the operations of the Site by uploading malware, spyware, disseminating viruses or other malicious code, as well as disrupting any network, equipment, or server,
- Solicit or groom minors,
- Encourage other users to commit suicide or other forms of self-harm,
- Post, upload, or distribute any content, (including but not limited to images, text, videos or voice recordings) that is unlawful, defamatory, inaccurate, or that a reasonable person could deem to be objectionable, profane, indecent, pornographic, harassing, threatening, embarrassing, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate,
- Manipulate or otherwise display the Site by using, mirroring or similar navigational technology.
3) WEBSITE DISCLAIMER
The information contained on the Site are provided on an ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ basis for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith. However, we make no representation of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information or materials provided on the Site.
Under no circumstance shall Huddlehumans bear any liability to you or any other party for any damages, costs or expenses whatsoever (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, loss of profits or loss opportunity) that are incurred as a result of your use of the Site, or reliance on any information, materials or online services provided on the Site, even if Huddlehumans has been advised as to the possibility of such damages. Therefore, your use of the site and reliance on any information materials or online services provided, is solely at your own risk.
Huddlehumans may include hyperlinks on the Site to websites on the Internet that are owned or operated by third parties. Such linked websites are not affiliated with or owned, operated, or controlled by Huddlehumans. Therefore, Huddlehumans cannot accept responsibility for the contents of or the consequences of accessing any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. The hyperlinks provided in the Site shall not be considered or construed as an endorsement or verification of such linked websites or the contents therein by Huddlehumans. You agree that your use to of such linked websites is entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use or access contained therein. Huddlehumans will not be a party to or in any way be responsible for monitoring any transactions that occur between you and third-party providers of services or products. By using the Site, you expressly relieve us from any and all liability arising from your access and use of any third-party website.
4) MEDICAL ADVICE DISCLAIMER
DISCLAIMER: THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE
The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only.
By visiting the Huddlehumans website, you agree to the following:
- Huddlehumans does not and will not provide medical treatment, advice, or diagnosis as we are not a physician or healthcare provider,
- Huddlehumans is not your healthcare provider and does not provide emergency services,
- We may not contact you or anyone on your behalf with respect to your medical condition or treatment,
- If you need or are seeking medical treatment, mental health support or emergency care, you should contact your physician or healthcare provider or call emergency services immediately,
- Information provided through the Huddlehumans website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to substitute any proper professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment,
- Use of the Huddlehumans website does not establish any kind of patient-client relationship,
- Huddlehumans is not a substitute to the relationship between you and your psychologist, psychiatrist, physician or other qualified healthcare provider,
- Huddlehumans is not a licensed mental health physician or healthcare worker and has no expertise in diagnosing, examining, or treating any kind of medical condition or determining what kind of treatment you should take to treat a medical condition of any kind or the effect such a treatment would have,
- Always consult a medical professional or physician in the field of your particular needs, especially if you have any questions regarding any kind of medical condition,
- Although Huddlehumans strives to provide accurate information, you should never disregard or delay seeking professional medical advice because of information you may have read or received while using the Site,
- Huddlehumans is not liable for the accuracy, reliability, effectiveness or correct use of information you receive through the Huddlehumans website.
5) COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK
The copyright and all other intellectual property in the contents of this website (including, but not limited to, all design, text, images or links) are the property of Huddlehumans. As such you may not copy, reproduce, modify, republish, upload, post, transmit, alter, download, distribute or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without prior written consent of Huddlehumans. You are solely responsible for obtaining such permission.
In the circumstance where you violate the Terms and Use, your permission to use the Site will terminate automatically. Huddlehumans may also use their sole discretion to terminate your use of the Site at any time, with or without notice.
8) CHANGES TO AGREEMENT
Please note that Huddlehumans may, at any time using its sole discretion, add, delete, modify, amend or adapt the terms and conditions of the Agreement. Your use/access of the Site after such Amendments have been posted constitutes your agreement with and acceptance of such Amendments.
9) PERSONAL INFORMATION
10) GOVERNING LAW
By accessing this website and/or using any of the services provided, you agree that such access/use, as well as these Terms and Conditions of Use, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Singapore and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Singapore.
Huddlehumans is a global platform that strives to bring people together to challenge the social norms and stigma surrounding mental health.
Founded in 2017, we have endeavoured to provide a safe and non-judgemental portal for those with mental health issues to congregate and share their experiences. Recognising that mental illness is often an area shrouded in taboo and stigma, we made it a global mission to normalise mental health and continue to work tirelessly to break down barriers that prevent the disadvantaged from accessing mental health support.