Last Updated: July 15, 2021
Huddlehumans respects your privacy and takes the security of such privacy very seriously. This policy applies to the Huddlehumans.com website and governs our practices and policies regarding the collection, use, storage and disclosure of the personal information collected through our website in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (‘PDPA’). If you are accessing our website from a country that is not Singapore, the appropriate protection act will apply.
When you visit our website, or provide personal information to us, such information provided will only be used for the purposes described in this policy. By continuing to use the website, or by providing your personal information to us, you agree to the practices and policies described in this Privacy Statement.
2) COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF DATA
We would like to highlight the fact that we do not require you to register with us to visit our website. Personal Information (such as name, email address, or other information) will only be collected if voluntarily provided by you. However, there will be form and types of information that will be collected automatically every time you visit our website.
- Information Collected Automatically
This information is of importance to us as we use this information to analyse trends, improve our website design as well as enhancing our website and services. This information also helps us to build a profile of our website users.
Our website uses ‘cookies’ to help us personalise your experience when visiting our website. A ‘cookie’ is a text file that is setup on your hard drive by a web page server, which is uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. However, cookies cannot be used to run programs on your computer.
- Information Provided Voluntarily
Personal information that we may ask you to provide us may include personally identifiable information such as your name, email address or phone number (if provided to us by you).
We may use any Personal Information provided for any of the following reasons:
- To manage your account such as managing your registration as a user of the Service. The personal data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- To contact you via email or other equivalent forms of electronic communication regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services. This also includes the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about. However, you will not receive these if you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage any requests you might have.
- For other purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our products, services, marketing and your own personal experience.
3) DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
Huddlehumans will disclose or share your Personal Information under the following:
- Legal – Any Personal Information may be disclosed to law enforcement agencies, government bodies or courts if there is any evidence or suspicion that an individual is using our website for illegal activities. Any activity that is inconsistent with any of our applicable terms and conditions may also arouse suspicion. The disclosure of such information is necessary to detect and prevent any illegal activity from occurring, to protect ourselves, you, and others to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- Business Transfers – Disclosure will occur in the event of a merger, reorganisation or sale as we will most likely have to transfer any and all Personal Information collected by us to the relevant third party involved. However, when required by the applicable law, we will notify you and provide you the opportunity to reject or deny the transfer of your Personal Information in such circumstances.
- Third Party Marketing – As our website may contain advertisements, we will need to provide reports to the advertisers, which would contain information about the types of people seeing their advertisements and how their advertisements are performing. However, we will not share information that personally identifies you unless given direct consent by you.
- Third Party Service Providers – Third-party service providers who enable us to provide our services, may require us to disclose your Personal Information. However, these service providers only have access to the Personal Information necessary to perform their functions. These third parties will only act on our behalf and under our instructions and may not use any disclosed information for purposes other than to perform such functions.
- Other – We may disclose Personal Information only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that any such action is necessary for safety purposes. They include but are not limited to the following:
- To protect the rights of other individuals,
- Comply with any legal requirements or any legal process served on Huddlehumans or the Huddlehumans website,
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Huddlehumans,
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Huddlehumans website, or the general public.
4) SECURITY OF INFORMATION PROVIDED
We secure information through the use of both physical and technical safeguards as well as reasonable administrative safeguards. We encrypt any information provided to us by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL/TLS) technology. All information collected is stored on controlled servers with restricted access and is only accessible by staff who have the required clearance. We would like to highlight that, despite using these current technical and industry-recommended practices, it is not possible to fully guarantee the security of your data, which means any transmission is at your own risk.
5) HOW YOU MAY ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
If you wish to make a request to access to a copy of the personal data which we hold about you or information about the ways in which we use or disclose your personal data, or a correction/deletion request to correct, update or delete any of your personal data which we hold about you, you may submit your request in via email to [email protected]
6) THIRD PARTIES
Huddlehumans does not sell, rent, lease, or release your Personal Information to third parties. However, we may contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those circumstances, your unique Personal Information will not be transferred to the third party without your explicit consent.
Huddlehumans may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis or provide customer support. We would like to emphasise that all such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Huddlehumans. These third parties are required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
Huddlehumans may disclose your information to third parties in the event where we sell or buy assets. If this were to occur, we may have to disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer.
7) DATA TRANSFERS
We would like to bring to your attention that Huddlehumans and its servers are located in Singapore, which means we are subject to the applicable federal laws of Singapore. We generally do not transfer your personal data to countries outside of Singapore. However, if we do so, we will obtain your consent for the transfer to be made and we will take steps to ensure that your personal data continues to receive a standard of protection that is at least comparable to that provided under the PDPA.
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws.
We will cease to retain your personal data or remove the means by which the data can be associated with you, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that such retention no longer serves the purpose for which the personal data was collected and is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
9) LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our website may contain links to external sites or services. It is important for you to note that Huddlehumans does not operate or maintain these sites and is not responsible for the privacy practices of sites it does not operate or maintain. You should refer to the respective privacy policies posted on these sites.
11) CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at [email protected]
Huddlehumans is a global platform that strives to bring people together to challenge the social norms and stigma surrounding mental health.
Founded in 2017, we have endeavoured to provide a safe and non-judgemental portal for those with mental health issues to congregate and share their experiences. Recognising that mental illness is often an area shrouded in taboo and stigma, we made it a global mission to normalise mental health and continue to work tirelessly to break down barriers that prevent the disadvantaged from accessing mental health support.